Happy Monday Everyone!
This is about what I looked like this morning when I saw a message in my inbox saying that Nannypology had nominated me for the Liebster Award. (Thank you Nannypology for the nomination!) This award is kind of like a chain mail letter in the sense that in order to accept your award, you have to nominate 11 other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. You then have to answer 11 questions from the person that nominated you and ask your nominees 11 questions as well. A lot of work for an award. What is the Liebster Award you may ask? It is an award given to up-in-coming bloggers who have interesting blogs, made by bloggers for bloggers. Pretty cool huh?
To begin I have to give up 11 facts about myself:
- I am a huge NASCAR fan. Call me a redneck but I have gone to races since I was three and dumped a guy for not respecting the sport (don’t argue with me…it IS a sport). I went as far as writing a college paper debating my point. I even drove a real stock car for my 18th birthday-went all Jeff Gordon for a few minutes. Slightly crazy.
- I hate needles. I am seriously the biggest baby when it comes to shots and getting blood drawn. Still. Hopefully I won’t have a problem giving shots to other people when I get my nursing license. Pretty comical.
- I traveled to Europe when I was 7 years old for a family reunion in Holland. Pretty cool 🙂
- I have an extra bone in my right foot. Pretty weird..
- Speaking of my feet, they are ridiculously small. I am average to tall size and wear size 7 shoe (which are slightly too big)
- When I was three years old I stuck a Styrofoam packing peanut up my nose in protest to having a baby sister. I was then rushed to ER because it expanded when I started crying since it wouldn’t come out with my mom’s tweezers. Pretty hysterical now to think about. 🙂
- I used reverse psychology on my dad to get him to buy me a Mustang for my first car. When I was little it was the only car I ever wanted. He said girls should not have cars with that much horsepower. So I insisted on a truck. To that he said no, trucks aren’t for girls. Thus I received a Mustang for my 17th birthday since that was one of the only cars available on base when we were looking. Pretty awesome!
- I have classified my room’s status as organized chaos. Don’t ask.
- I teach Kindergarten Sunday School and play bass in the Church Worship Band.
- I at one point wanted to be a music director (after the doctor, race car driver and astronaut stage) so I learned 9 different instruments: Vocals, trumpet, piano, drums, bass guitar, baritone saxophone, marimba, xylophone, and cymbals(yes they are an instrument and yes it is a lot harder than it looks)
- I had emergency appendectomy on Valentine’s Day and while loopy from the drugs I 1)asked for my appendix back to take to school for show and tell in my anatomy class, 2) cried about the 3 dissection pigs I had delivered via C-section that day in said anatomy class and 3) told the nurses to shhhh!! after surgery, geesh they were loud.
There you have it. 11 odd facts about me 🙂
Ok on to part 2 of this acceptance process…my 11 questions from Nannypology.
- What is the most embarrassing moment you have had online? (Come on, you can tell us! I just gave you an AWARD)… Well, I was Facebooking like 20 people and lost track of the countless conversations..I accidentally sent my best guy friend a sexy message meant for my boyfriend who had the same name, a message meant for my aunt to my friend and several people got an invitation to a party that they weren’t supposed to get. Everyone was so confused so I had to send a mass message apologizing for the confusion.
- If you could get paid to do anything in the world (and make a very comfortable living), what would you choose to do? I would probably play music all day. It relaxes me and brings out my creativity. Or bake cakes…which also does the same thing.
- What would you rather die from: being eaten slowly by a 50 foot anaconda? or, getting your head ripped off my a great white shark? Explain. Seriously, sharks are probably one of my worst fears.. living in California and hearing about all the shark encounters nearby, makes me fear the ocean. I love the beach but hate the water. Dying by your worst fear is terrifying. But then, I hate snakes too…. so hard. If it went fast I guess the shark.
- Who would you cast as your lover in the made for TV movie of your life? Channing Tatum. No questions asked. My boyfriend is gonna kill me. But sweetie, when you read this, just know you are being compared to a God like creature..its a complement in the highest form 🙂
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? This is a horrible, HORRIBLE question. I love food. If it was one category: Mexican-true mexican-food. Ahhhh….making my own mouth water thinking about tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salsa!!! Eye Eye Eyyye!
- Would you rather be forced to make spelling errors, or grammatical errors on a daily basis? Explain. Spelling errors, it already happens on a daily basis and I already know I suck at spelling. If you saw this post before spell check you would laugh at all the squiggly red error lines. Never was a spelling bee champ… I practically live with a Grammar Nazi so making him mad on a daily basis would not be fun.
- What game/competition show would you most like to be on? Why? And do you think you would win? Wheel of Fortune. My dad and I have wanted to be on it since I was little!! He is good at guessing letters and I have a knack for solving puzzles early. It has been our nightly-after dinner- bonding since I was probably 8 years old. Of course we would win! We are beast!
- What is your most secret guilty pleasure? Name 2! Chocolate. Whose isn’t? lol Second, I love Grey’s Anatomy. I know it’s way past its prime and half the characters have died off or left…but gotta have me some weekly Doctor McDreamy. (Ok, as a side note, admitting that was probably my most embarrassing moment on the internet………. smh)
- What is the most exciting comment/feedback you’ve ever received on your blog and why? The moment I was noticed by Nanny Magazine! I dream for this blog was to eventually get published and now it is a reality. I was also really proud when I got my first “your blog really inspired me” comment!
- If you could go on vacation with any of your fellow bloggers, who would it be and why? Where would you go? Well, my boyfriend is a fellow blogger, domparisi, (he got me into this whole thing)..so I would travel to him. We have talked about backpacking through Europe. Starting in his homeland of Italy and making our way up to Holland, my home country. We would stop at all the historic war sites for him (hes a major war history geek) and all the old style food and art galleries for me ( the creative and always hungry one).
- Boxers or Briefs? Not sure… On Channing Tatum, briefs.. definitely. (again, sorry hunny.. hehe)
Alrighty then, after much deliberation my nominees for the 2013 Liebster Award goes to:
1. domparisi @ Basketweavingunderwater
2. brigid@ NannySavvy
4. carliedash @ Superhero of Imperfection
5. May @ adlibgapyear
6. Courtney @ Adventures in Nannying
11. Janna @ Mom Cents
Like I did, you must 1)link back to me for nominating you. 2) give 11 facts about yourself, 3)answer the following 11 questions from me to you and 4) nominate 11 of your fellow bloggers-except me- by linking them to your post (make sure you tell them you are nominating them!) Then do the same process for them.
Questions for you:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- If you could change your name what would you change it to?
- Do you speak a language other than English?
- Have you ever gone to a concert? If more than one, pick your favorite and explain. If you haven’t been, name a band you would like to see.
- What has been your most embarrassing moment on the job?
- What is your dream job?
- What was the funniest thing you did as a child?
- Would you rather Sky dive or swim with sharks? Explain.
- What is your favorite t.v. show?
- Who would you cast to play yourself in a movie about your life?
- Do you have a bad habit? What is it?? Tell me!
Woo Hoo!! I win! Now you can too!! 😀