There are quite a few lovely mama’s in my life. Besides my mom, I have four mom’s that I work for. They have always been so caring and generous, welcoming me into their families. While I want to show my appreciation for them on Mother’s Day, I have taken the day off to be with my own mom. This doesn’t mean I am not going to do anything for them though. I recently inherited a BUNCH of candy molds. It hit me, instead of buying them all See’s candy (which can be pricey)…I will make my own! With the kids’ help!! So here it goes. Each of my kids will help me made one type of the five flavors below. Then I will make little cute boxes to put the mix in and complete it with a card.
2) Yummy Peanut Butter Cups (except they will be made with almond butter since I’m allergic to peanuts)
5) ChocoMallow- (My creation)
- melt chocolate shavings (8 oz) and 1 tbsp of unsalted butter ( I microwaved in bowl until melted)
- coat candy mold with thin layer of baking chocolate put in freezer for 5 minutes
- add second thin layer of chocolate and put in freezer for 5 more minutes
- add a small dollup of chocolate to each impression so it is about 1/2 full
- add marshmallow creme (I used a disposable decorating bag to pipe it in)
- Freeze for 20 min
- Add top layer of chocolate and smooth the top of impressions.
- Freeze for a couple hours or overnight to secure hardness
- take out of mold and BAM! you have ChocoMallows 🙂
makes about 8 chocolates
Let’s face it, what woman DOESN’T like CHOCOLATE!! 🙂